This is an interesting question that comes up quite a bit with my career.
· Why would I need a stylist?
· How could I ever afford a stylist?
But do you ever ask yourself these questions:
· I have so many clothes, but nothing to wear!
· What should I wear this with?
· How does that new trend fit into my style?
· What is my style?
· Why have I never worn this item that has been in my closet with the tags on?
· Why is my closet so disorganized?
As a stylist, my main job is to give people the confidence to put together outfits and understand trends, and how they play into their style.
Stylists do not need to break your bank. Stylists should enhance your look and give the ability to save money in the long run by:
· Helping you to not spend money on items you will never wear
· Showing you how to wear an item 2-3 ways so that it looks different
· Educating you on how to wear things you already have in your closet, which can make you feel you have a whole new wardrobe
· Identifying items missing from your wardrobe
· Teaching you how to make better decisions while shopping so your wardrobe goes farther
· Finding that special outfit for that special occasion that makes you feel special
Trends can also be a difficult challenge for people. Trends can change quickly and some trends just should not hit your wardrobe, while others can easily take your look up a notch.
A stylist can guide you through what trends are:
· Happening now
· What trends are over
· How to incorporate a trend in your already existing wardrobe.
You do not need to spend a fortune to look like you are up to date in your styling.
Shopping is another area that can be intimidating for some people.
· Have you ever felt uncomfortable in a store?
· Have you ever felt overwhelmed: What should I buy?
· Have you ever asked yourself “Does this really look good on me?”
· Have you ever bought something, and didn’t wear it and it just sat in your closet?
A Stylist can help with the challenges of shopping. A good stylist:
· Will know what you need to round out your closet
· What the newest trends are and how it ties into your closet
· If something is the right fit on you, and if not, what would look good
· Will make sure you only purchase what you’re in love with so you will actually wear it and feel great, thus saving money.
And to top it all off, having a stylist can be fun! It’s always more fun to shop when you find things you love. A stylist knows what will fit your body and will understand your style so your shopping trip is fun and exciting. And finding outfits in your closet you already have but didn’t know can be really fun too!
So get out of that comfort zone and call a stylist to see what they can do for you!!